Baier Hatch, 14" Round Flush Deck Hex Centerbolt Style Marine Hatch
The Baier 14" Round Hex Centerbolt Style Marine Hatch mounts flush to the boat deck with integrated grab handles for easy lift out. This popular design is considered classic Baier Hatch with its quick release functionality and patented strongback system.
- Cast aluminum hatch cover available with or without cast aluminum or galvanized steel ring
- Cast hatch cover & strongback
- Stainless Steel Hex Centerbolt and hardware
- Neoprene Cover Gasket and Washers (Buna-N optional)
- Cast / fabricated matching Deck Ring
- Every unit shipped with an underside escape turning bar for safety (turning wheel optional)
- Detachable Hex wrench used for quick operation, can be stored separately for security
- Clear Opening 14"
- Cover Diameter 16"
- See Detailed Drawing below for deck cut out and other information
MATERIALSThe majority of the Classic Model BFH hatch cover product line is available in both cast aluminum and cast steel. Steel Cover assemblies and deck rings are hot dip galvanized for superior corrosion resistance. No other flush hatch is available in cast steel (which is stronger, more durable, and more impact resistant when compared to iron hatches, especially in cold climates). The deck ring is available in galvanized mild steel (for welding into steel decks), or cast aluminum (for welding into aluminum decks or bolting to fiberglass or wood decks). Cast stainless steel hatches and fabricated stainless deck rings are available by special order.