Hypalon Glue Kit, 2-Part For Hypalon Boats
Mfr: Weaver Industries, Inc.
Hypalon Glue Kit, 2001Kit.
- 8 oz of Hypalon glue
- cleaner for the boat
- 2 mixing containers
- 2 brushes
Do not try to glue items onto your dinghy in the rain, on thedock or in very high humidity. Glue and water donÕt mix.
- Step 1 - Determine where to locate the davit heads on the swimplatform, beware of support brackets underneath.
- Step 2 - Mark the inflatable where the davit heads will line upwith the mounting pad on the dinghy. See figure #1. The padsshould be placed as far apart on the dinghy as possible. Thebottom of the pad goes at the top of the rub strip. The dinghy isinflated.
- Step 3 - The inflatable must be wiped down with the propercleaner prior to gluing on the rubber pads. Match the cleaner tothe type of glue you will be using. Incompatible glue and cleanerwill cause the pad to loosen.
- Step 4 - Inflatables made from hypalon require a good two-part hypalon glue such as Weaver 2001,Bostick 2402 or Apollo 2990 for proper gluing and Acetone, MEK or Toluene as a cleaner. Boats madefrom a PVC derivative such as the Zodiac will require special urethane glue such as Weaver 3001 orApollo 3026 and MEK or Acetone cleaner.
- CAUTION: Do not glue the pads on in the sun, by the water, or in high humidity. Do not sand or grindthe surface of a PVC boat